Desert Trip won’t be back this year, per Billboard

Fans and rock press have speculated for months which bands might fill this year’s Desert Trip lineup after the event saw such success in 2016. It turns out the answer is no one, as per, the festival will not be coming back in 2017.

Concert promoter Paul Tollett, the founder of Desert Trip and co-founder of Coachella, gave the exclusive scoop to Billboard earlier Thursday.

“We’re not doing Desert Trip this year,” Tollett told Billboard. “We loved 2016 Desert Trip — that was a special moment in time. Maybe someday in the future we’ll do something similar.”

Sponsored link (story continues below)

The six-day festival took place over October 7-9 and October 14-16 last year and featured rock icons Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Roger Waters, The Who, and The Rolling Stones. The event raked in $160 million over the course of its two weekends, Billboard says.

Classic rock fans won’t be empty-handed this summer in terms of festivals, starting with the Classic East and Classic West events, which will feature Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Steely Dan, Earth Wind & Fire, The Doobie Brothers, and Journey. But anyone looking for another Desert Trip will have to hope that train comes around some other time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *